Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Vicious by V. E. Schwab

SPOILER FREE

  I have been looking forward to this book for a while. There is a lot of hype surrounding this book and so naturally my expectations were high. I enjoyed the story and the characters but, for some reason, it didn't grip me right in the heart like I really wanted. 
  Victor and Eli are college room mates, both smart and driven. Eli is determined to discover the cause of EOs or ExtraOrdinaries. People with beyond human abilities. With Victor's encouragement they begin the dangerous experiment to attempt to turn themselves into EOs. And so begins a ten year long vendetta of blood and brains. 
  The plot is told from different periods of time in the story. I personally thought the pacing of the plot was one of the strongest points of the book. Things tied together really well and kept me engaged throughout. 
  I also loved the characters. I loved hearing about the different EOs and their abilities and how they came to be how they are. I particularly enjoyed Sydney and Selena's story. 
  I don't know what it was about this book that I just didn't get. I loved the characters and the story and the pacing and the world, but for some reason I didn't love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment