Wednesday, 1 July 2015

To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P. S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

 NO SPOILERS
 The first thing that I would like to mention about this duology is how beautiful I find the covers. There is something that I really love about the simplicity and the colour scheme. Beautiful.

  To All the Boys I've Loved Before is about a sixteen year old girl called Lara Jean. Over the years she has written letters to all the boys that she has ever had a crush on in order to get over them. One day, years later, they are all accidentally sent out.
  I loved the theme of family in this book. I really appreciated that it was written and dealt with so well. I loved the relationships that the three sisters had and also the relationship with their father. I felt like I was welcome in their home, like I was visiting. I loved it.
  I also loved the way in which Lara Jean reacts to how the letters are sent out. I don't know if I would have been so composed!
  I loved the other relationships in this book as well they were absolutely fabulous. There was plenty parts where I was cringing, plenty of parts were I was swooning and plenty of parts where I was giggling out loud in my room.
  Over all, without saying too much that would spoil it, I loved this book. I loved its cuteness and its warm heartedness, I loved its feel good factor and how much it reminded me that contemporary books are worth reading.
   The second book in this duology was recently released and I knew that I simply had to read it. In this book there is a much more prominent theme of sex though it is not an explicit theme, it is simply there in the background for the most part.
  Lara Jean now finds herself in a relationship.  I loved to see how Lara Jean developed in the new situations that she found herself in. Sometimes this was so funny I had to laugh, sometimes it was so embarrassing that I was red for her.
  There was so many other things that I loved about this book. Certain events like the party that she helped host in the nursing home. I simply loved that part of the story.
  I loved as well to see more of other characters in this book. I thought that they made the community in which Lara Jean lived seem so real.
  This book emphasises on how things almost turned out. How things could have gone a different way for most of the characters but simple little things changed how everything happened.
 

  These books were really a wonderful read. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their lives. I am glad that I got to spend some time with them and I plan on reading many more Jenny Han books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment