Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Infinite by Jodi Meadows

NO SPOILERS
  This is the last book in the Incarnate trilogy by Jodi Meadows. This books starts off with just as much action as you would expect from a final book. Regardless I found this difficult to get into until about 100 pages in. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, I think personal things just got in the way. The story does really pick up by about midway through the book. 
  We get to see more of the mythical creatures and learn more about them. I enjoyed that aspect of it. 
  I think that I said before that this was a fantasy series with a dystopian twist. I'm not quite sure still how I would categorise it but there is definitely the feel of both of those genres, though I would lean it more towards fantasy. 
  There were a few things that I would pick at if I was to be picky. The pacing was a little off ( for me personally, it slowed down a lot just before the middle.) Also one or two things happened a little too conveniently for my liking. But overall there is not much that I had to complain about :) 
  The characters and their relationships I found were easy to relate to and understand. It wasn't just overreacting and extreme behaviour - though there was a bit, but where it was made sense in the story. 

  I absolutely loved how this book ended. I really liked the way that things panned out. I think it concluded very well. Just read it. The ending was perfect. Those last few pages... I can't even.
  I would also like to point out how well the themes on the covers went with the individual books. On point.
  There is also a novella that goes along with this trilogy it's about 100 pages long, I should have it read and reviewed here with in the next day or so, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment