Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Have a Little Restraint

 There is a common problem among booktubers that is growing in scale with every passing year. That is the problem of buying more books than you can read and adding them to an ever-growing TBR.
 I know how tempting it is to see a book in a shop and pick it up with the intent to read it immediately. Somehow though, there inevitably come a time when they start to build up to an intimidating pile.
  I have about fifty books that I haven't read yet sitting on my shelves taunting me. Despite this I found myself in the bookstore with a book in my hand, enviously looking at the shelves that had at least twenty more titles that I wanted to bring home with me.
  I looked at the book in my hand and it was as clear as if someone had poured ice-water over my head. I am not going to get to this book for months. Months!
  I put that book back down on the display table and with all the self restraint I had I walked out of that beautiful store.
  Don't get me wrong, I will go back, and soon. But first I think I will read some more of the ones that have been on my shelves for the longest. They are looking a little neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment